Burbank Divorce Attorney



After Hours

Burbank Divorce Lawyer Attorney Profile Firm Profile Contact Us
Areas of Practice
Asset Division
Child Custody
Child Support
Collaborative Divorce
Contested Divorce
Debt Division
Domestic Violence
Enforcement of Court Orders
Enforcement of Settlement Agreements
Fathers' Rights
High Net Worth Divorce
Legal Separation
Property Division
Same Sex Marriages
Spousal Support / Alimony
Uncontested Divorce
Juvenile Dependency and Delinquency

Visit our FaceBook profile Follow us on Twitter follow us on Google plus

150 East Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91502

Enforcement of Settlement Agreements

Following the conclusion of your divorce and the reaching of a settlement agreement, it sometimes happens that the agreement is not actually put into place. If your ex-spouse is causing delays on this process or acting in direct violation of the divorce decree, you need to take action immediately. Doing so is a vital step in protecting your rights and future. This is especially true in light of the fact that individuals can sometimes seek to have settlement agreements officially voided after the fact. Failing to abide by these court orders is a bad sign and should be addressed promptly and aggressively.

If you are facing this situation, a skilled lawyer from our team can advise you as to your options and help to determine the best course of legal action. The court takes these matters very seriously and will be on your side in pursing compliance with the original orders. This may be in relation to a failure to execute the deeds to transfer marital property or make required financial transactions. Whatever the case, you can request a hearing with the help of your lawyer and a court will address the matter with your ex-spouse. This is often enough for all requirements to then be met.

Was your settlement agreement violated?

At Fusco & Clarke, we realize that addressing any factors relating to the end of a marriage can be uncomfortable. We remain sensitive to that as we guide you through these necessary steps and seek to protect your financial future. Although we are prepared to take any actions necessary to achieve the required outcome, we can also work with diplomacy and respect for the other party. If the matter does persist, however, this is a matter of contempt of court and your ex-spouse can be cited for such, which often then resolves the situation. Contact a divorce attorney for help pursuing the enforcement of your settlement agreement if your ex-spouse is failing to comply with its terms.

Fusco & Clarke, Attorneys at Law -Burbank Divorce Attorney
Located at 150 East Olive Avenue, Suite 216 Burbank, CA 91502. View Map
Phone: (818) 672-1562 | Local Phone: (818) 521-4171.